Monday, February 13, 2006

honey funny sunny morning


Syd Barrett - Love You (take 1) (from The Madcap Laughs)
Elvis Presley -
I Love You Because (alternate #5) (from the Sun Sessions)
Lou Reed -
I Love You (from Lou Reed)

There are some benefits to being a recently engaged individual. Namely, that I got a little leeway this Valentine's Day in putting off my gift shopping until the very last minute. And when I went shopping, she drove. Kim has extraordinary patience to put up with me. What? You need more examples? Try this on for size: after we returned with the heart-shaped box of chocolates, she knitted in front of the TV while I compiled a mix CD of silly love songs and then painstakingly drew a card of her fantasizing about an amorous Todd posing in the Michael Jackson Thriller/tiger pose. If that's not every woman's dream, I don't know what is.


Before I was in this relationship, I always figured love had to be something grand and spellbinding. I now realize it can be much more simple and endearing than that.

2 comments:

Guy Smiley! said...

Isn't that a cool feeling, though? When I realized that I was immediately happy and nostalgic at the same time. It was one of those moments where I realized I was growing up....

-mg

Dana K said...

Wish I could see that Thriller-inspired Valentines Day card.
Happy VD Day, young lovahs!!!!!!