Friday, March 21, 2008

Dig it, the dancing bean

My wife, for reasons unbeknownst to me, thinks I dance like this:



Pfft. She crazy. Everyone knows I dance more like this:



And when I'm feeling particularly frisky, you might catch me busting out a little bit of this:



Oh yes, ahem, and while we're on the subject of dancing prowess, it appears that local St. Louis novelty mop-topped concert goer Beatle Bob has not only been spotlighted by the Associated Press, but that his arrhythmic devotion to the Rock and/or Roll has earned him a feature in Blender, the magazine for men who like breasts and baseless music reviews.



A to Z and Highway 61 Revised have more info on the perplexing presence of this local club fixture. Dude's even getting a documentary. A teaser is now available:



A lot of locals can't stand him, though. An enigma wrapped in a conundrum wrapped in controversy, that one is.

4 comments:

Josh said...

I can't explain why, but Kim's right: that guy does dance like you!

Todd said...

Yeah, she may be right after all. She even upped the ante by saying that not only do I dance like Frankenstein's monster, I sing like him too.

Burn.

Kim said...

He's not just "that guy," he's Elijah Wood!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I’m a reporter at a NPR station in St. Louis, MO. I just produced a story about the ubiquitous Beatle Bob for a national show called Weekend America.

I was wondering if we could use your Beatle Bob photos as web content? We would of course give you credit.

Many thanks,

aalington@kwmu.org